We are always in need of volunteers for the classrooms, various projects, fundraisers, and lunch/recess supervision. Please contact the office if you are interested in regularly volunteering in our school. (989) 362-5651 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are some guidelines that will help you and the teacher work together to accomplish great things:
- Please remember that any information you gather about students in the classroom is strictly confidential. However, as a mandatory reporter, please report any suspected abuse or neglect to the site administrator.
- Please perform only the tasks that the teacher or staff member asks of you within the pre-determined schedule.
- Discipline, evaluation of student progress, diagnosing of students’ needs, and formal instruction is the responsibility of the teacher. When the teacher is delivering instruction of any type, please be respectful and do not add to or interrupt the instruction.
- The restrooms connected to the cafeteria are available to volunteers and staff members. Please do not use student restrooms.
- When working one-on-one with students, please encourage students to do their own thinking and writing. Try not to give students the answers before they have had ample time to solve or discover the answers. Be aware of students that will try to get you to do their work for them.
- Please help the teacher to maintain a quiet learning environment.