Holy Family School is a school where Catholic Doctrine is taught, service to others becomes the responsibility of each student and where family and school enter into a partnership to develop each student to his or her fullest potential.
We believe in the values of Reverence, Respect and Responsibility. All authority comes from God. In the formation of the whole person Spiritual, Intellectual, Emotional & Physical. All students are Christians or are aware of Christian values and act in accordance with right reason, based on the teachings of Jesus The student has the opportunities to be a leader in Religious, School & Civic activities.
Almost one hundred years ago the original St. Joseph School was built on the shoreline of Lake Huron in Tawas City. Though that structure was demolished by the bulldozers years ago, St. Joseph School is alive and well at the present East Tawas location.
A new St. Joseph School was built in 1957, with four classrooms. In 1978 a large addition was built. Included in this extension were the library, gym, kitchen and parish rooms. Later the parish rooms were named The Vanbergen Rooms after the late Fr. Louis Vanbergen, pastor from August, 1985 to April, 1986. A complete remodeling of the church took place in 2005. The school also received new offices for the school principal and secretary and a teacher workroom. A new media center and Fifth/Sixth Grade classroom were completed at this time.
On July 1, 1997 St. Joseph and Immaculate Heart of Mary (IHM) parishes merged into one parish – Holy Family Church. The school was renamed Holy Family School at this time.